Sunday, July 31, 2011

Revised...already

After some thoughtful consideration, and thinking about this blog that I have ventured out to be so dedicated to, I've decided that I'm not going to concentrate so much on the muddles in my life (that could get depressing), but instead write about perfect imperfections that happen everyday.

There are so many blogs out there; some unique, some mundane. I don't think this blog is going to be anything out of the ordinary. Mommy blogs are kind of the "it" thing to do, especially when you are a stay at home mom, and especially when you have a desire to write and this is one of the few outlets to do so.

I have some friends that use their blog as a documentation of their child's life. I think that's amazing and often find myself envying their dedication to chronicling their child's first day of school, first words or cute things they've said. I long to be that organized, to do those things. I tend to gauge my mothering ability on things like that, but as I enter my fourth year of mothering, I remind myself that that could just make me go crazy. Besides, I have boys and they won't care about those things. Right?

I'm looking forward to this week. My first full week of taking on this blogging thing. Last week was a rough one. My spirited 3-year-old gave me a run for my money, but I'll leave that to another post.

I hope that with each entry I will grow as a blogger. That this exercise I am venturing out on will develop into something more organized -- an adjective that some would describe me as, but I know the truth.

Right now I have no direction to where this will go. Simply another mommy blog to enter the blogosphere, but maybe  the things that I will write will inspire, encourage or give hope to other mommies out there. And I hope will bring out a few laughs from time to time.

What I really worry about is the daily inspiration I'm going to need to write everyday.

"Find inspiration in your children."

Sure, easier said than done. It sounds nice and warm and fuzzy, but let's be real here. There are only so many "life lessons" I can obtain from them. I mean, I hope they give me ideas to muse over and think about, but I don't plan on relying on them alone to help me with this blog.

So for today's post, I admit this is a bit of a rambling one, and I must regretfully inform you that you'll probably read many rambling posts. I tend to be a rambler.

I'll need to be held accountable too, but for that I need readers. And to get readers, I need to announce to friends and family that I've started a blog.

I don't think I'm ready, yet.

Maybe in a few more posts.

1 comment:

  1. "Besides, I have boys and they won't care about those things. Right?"

    That is what I tell myself, too! I take a billion pictures but the only ones I've printed out are from Cort's first year...and they are in a box. I keep hoping someday I'll find the motivation to scrapbook or at least throw some in an album, but I'm hanging on to the same thought - that my son probably won't care one way or the other!

    ReplyDelete