Friday, July 29, 2011

Introduction

Here it goes.

I'm starting on my blog quest again. Blame it on trying to keep my sanity, wanting to exercise my writing skills more or looking for an outlet to confess to anyone out there willing to listen that being a mom is not always a picture perfect situation.

I want this blog to be honest. I want this blog to make moms realize that they're not alone in the muddled messes they find themselves in. I want moms to send their stories in of funny situations they have found themselves in to simply survive -- we've all been there.

I'm going to share some stories on here that hopefully will make you laugh and not judge because if you can't find the humor in being a mom, it's hard to make it day to day. At least that's what I've found out in the 3+ years I've been doing it.

The story of how this blog came about isn't so glamorous, as motherhood rarely is. But I found myself multitasking one morning, last week actually, and I realized that I only had 5 minutes to "get ready" for the day (we were going to a playdate) before my husband had to get to work.

I ran upstairs debating whether I should pee first or flat iron my hair or attempt to put make-up on (a rarity in my daily routine). When I got to the top of the stairs, I realized that I could do two things at once. My flat iron was already plugged in and had a very long chord. So I took my trusty flat iron and stretched it across the bathroom while I peed.

Gross? Maybe. Necessary? Absolutely!

So as I was sitting on the potty, frantically flat ironing my hair without a mirror, I stopped. I looked at the flat iron in my hand and realized what desperate measures I had come to and wondered how many other moms out there had done something similar, or perhaps the very same thing.

I started laughing at myself, something I do daily, because I started to recount the numerous stories of things I've had to do for "survival" in my motherhood journey.

That's when I started to write this blog and share my story, and hopefully at some point, some of your crazy stories. Whether you want it to be anonymous or not, I'm hoping that as I share my mommy muddles, you will be comforted that you are not alone in the great lengths you've had to go to in order to keep your family moving along.

A diary of sorts, as I suppose most blogs are, I hope you find laughter, love, joy and solace in my musings on my muddles in motherhood and life in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment